Pediatric dentistry requires passionate staff members who deliver dental services to children painlessly and effectively. Additionally, kids need a pediatric dental care environment that is comfortable and feels just like home. It encourages them to have a positive experience that helps them feel motivated to visit the pediatric dentist and also take care of their teeth.
Why Pediatric Dentistry?
At Greenwood Dental Care, we provide pediatric dentistry in Lake County, IL, that involves establishing good relationships with our pediatric patients. Additionally, we take the time to explain to parents our procedures and treatments.
Our children’s dentist also dedicates their time to ensuring you learn about our procedures and gives you the knowledge to help you take even better care of your kid’s teeth. Furthermore, we ensure that our young patients are comfortable during their visit and they receive the best oral health assistance.
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, your child should visit the dentist within six months of the presence of their first tooth or by his or her first birthday. Early oral examination aids in the detection of tooth decay. Seeing a pediatric dentist early will help prevent potential future cases of tooth extractions and dental implants in Lake County.
What Pediatric Dentistry Services Do We Offer?
At Greenwood Dental Care, we are proud to offer the following pediatric dentistry services:
- Regular check up – When you visit our facility, we provide a full dental examination to help in early detection of tooth decay or issues with the growth of teeth or the jaw. From here, we can recommend an early intervention that can preclude costly and painful future procedures.
- Fluoride application – Fluoride is a mineral that helps strengthen your child’s teeth and prevent decay. At Greenwood Dental Care, we apply fluoride to take care of your child’s teeth as a preventive measure against cavities and gum disease.
- Dental sealants – This is a procedure that involves applying a clear, thin coating on the surface of the molar teeth. It helps prevent the teeth from getting damaged by bacteria and plaque that may form on the surface. The procedure is quick and painless and offers your child maximum protection.
- Fillings – When we identify cavities, we take the necessary action and offer effective treatment to repair the damage before it worsens. We clean the tooth and apply fillings to ensure that the problem does not continue to develop. Fillings offer a permanent solution and stop cavities from progressing as your child grows.
- Crowns – Your child may receive crowns if their tooth has suffered from severe damage and a filling won’t fix it. We apply dental crowns to help protect the tooth from more damage. It is an effective restoration method that involves capping the structure of the tooth to prevent further decay.
Further Pediatric Dentistry Treatments
Additionally, pediatric dentistry can identify malformations of the jaw or developing misalignments of the teeth. Corrective action helps avoid further, more complicated treatment. Correcting the alignment of the teeth provides cosmetic benefits, but also improves oral health.
Gaps in the teeth provide a place for bacteria, plaque, and food particles to collect. This scenario can cause or make gum disease worse. Left untreated, the gums can start to recede and the teeth can become decayed or diseased. Early intervention is the best course to ensure that your child has a smile that looks good and provides for their oral health.
Common procedures used in pediatric dentistry include:
How Greenwood Dental Can Help
At Greenwood Dental Care, we offer a variety of pediatric services and provide the highest quality of dental services, including periodontal therapy and gingivitis treatment, in Lake County, IL.
Do not let oral health issues disturb your child’s development. Visit Greenwood Dental Care today or call us at 855.528.3961, and our experienced staff will offer a solution for you.