4 Ways To Keep Oral Hygiene At Work
Do you brush your teeth after lunch? If you’re one of the millions of people who work outside the home, chances are you don’t have the time or resources to brush during the day. However, not being able to brush doesn’t mean you can’t maintain oral hygiene at work.
- Grab a drink of water. When you finish eating, get a drink of water. Swish the water around in your mouth, then spit or swallow it. Water helps to remove small particles of food that can remain on your teeth after your meal or snack.
- Chew sugarless gum. There are certain types of sugarless gum that are approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) as good for your oral health. The reason for this is that chewing stimulates the production of saliva in your mouth. That saliva washes away food particles and helps to neutralize acids on your teeth.
- Limit time drinking coffee or soda. Coffee, soda, tea, and many other beverages contain high levels of sugars and acids. The more time you spend sipping your drink, the longer your teeth are exposed to these sources of decay. Instead of spending an hour taking small swallows, drink quickly to limit exposure, then rinse your mouth or switch to water to help counteract the effects.
- Brush and floss when you can. Try to keep to a regular routine of good oral hygiene practices when you are at home. Brush at least twice daily, for two full minutes each time. Floss or use an interdental cleaner of your choice once a day.
General Dentistry and Oral Hygiene At Work
If you neglect your oral hygiene at work, you’ll end up needing general dentistry. General dentistry provides professional protection for your oral health. You only have one set of teeth and only one mouth, so oral self-care is of paramount importance. Greenwood Dental also offers a number of general dentistry services to keep your mouth clean and healthy. From restorative dental work to topical fluoride, Greenwood Dental can help you maintain your oral hygiene at work and at home. General dentistry services include but aren’t limited to:
- Dental Cleanings: Have you neglected taking care of your teeth? If so, come get a professional dental cleaning from Greenwood Dental. We’ll leave your mouth feeling like its brand new!
- Fluoride Treatment: Repair your teeth and make your mouth clean with our fluoride treatment. If it’s good enough for the water supply, it’s good for your teeth!
- Oral Cancer Screenings: Be prepared for the possibility of oral cancer and get yourself screened immediately.
- Gingivitis Treatment: Gingivitis, like all oral maladies, is a pain to deal with and a threat to your health. Stop infection in its tracks with our gingivitis treatment.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Prevent gum disease with our gum disease treatment. If you see blood on your toothbrush, you need gum disease treatment pronto. Don’t delay your preventative dental work; stop gum disease before it gets out of control.
Contact Greenwood Dental
Keep your recommended appointments to have your teeth cleaned and evaluated by our team. Taking care of your teeth doesn’t have to interrupt your workday. Keeping these simple tips in mind can help protect your mouth from tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health issues.