Restorative dentistry is a set of practices and procedures that help to restore the function and look of a person’s smile. Missing teeth, damaged teeth, and misalignment all create problems for function but are not always easy to fix. In Waukegan, Greenwood Dental provides these types of services to reclaim a healthy smile. For those seeking dentistry in Illinois, our team is available to help today.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
The goal of restorative dentistry is to improve the function of the teeth while also ensuring a healthy smile. It is very common for people to have trauma, decay, or other damage to their teeth and to find themselves unable to maintain a natural smile. However, restorative dentistry can help turn this around. Through a number of advanced and innovative procedures, it may be possible to give a person a healthy and functioning smile again.
There are various types of services our dentistry in Illinois can offer to create this type of significant improvement. Some of them include:
- Dental Implants: Implants are permanent, artificial teeth that work as dependably as natural teeth. They are surgically implanted into the jawbone, where they fuse and become strong. This creates a healthy bite. A crown is placed over the top of the implant to create a natural look.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns themselves can be placed in areas where there are gaps from missing teeth. This type of restorative dentistry helps minimize the teeth on either side of the gap from invading that space and creating a natural look.
- Dental Veneers: Sometimes, a tooth is strong and properly in place, but the exterior has damage to it. This could be staining or slight damage. Veneers are thin films placed over the top of the existing tooth to transform the look into a natural, bright, healthy smile.
- Dental Bridges: Some people benefit from a dental bridge. A bridge connects one tooth to the next over a gap. Sometimes a crown is placed in the gap. The bridge helps to keep the teeth in proper position to ensure they do not crowd into the opening.
- Smile Makeovers: This is a customized service our Waukegan team offers to help transform your smile back into the best it can be. It is designed to fit your specific needs for missing teeth, damaged teeth, chips, and other problems.
- Dental Bonding: For those who have chips or broken teeth, it is critical to have these repaired to ensure the function of the teeth. Dental bonding allows this as it works to bond broken pieces or to create a new edge for the tooth. It looks natural and blends right in with surrounding teeth.
With restorative dentistry, our team is able to give a person a smile back and restore confidence. Our dentistry in Illinois offers many of these and other services to help achieve this improvement.
Find a Waukegan Dentist Near You
In addition to restorative dentistry, Greenwood Dental offers a range of additional services. Some of those services aid in improving the health of the smile, while others focus on cosmetics. All are worth the investment when they can enhance the functionality of a smile and restore confidence. Some of our additional services include:
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Full and partial dentures
- Teeth whitening services
- Cavity fillings services
- Root canal treatment
Greenwood Dental Has Waukegan’s Best Dentists!
When you call Greenwood Dental for an appointment in Waukegan, you know you are working with a team that is dedicated to meeting all of your restorative dentistry needs. Our comprehensive dentistry in Illinois works with adults and children to provide a healthy smile you’ll love showing off again. To learn more, call us at 855.528.3961 or reach out online for an appointment. We’re here to help you.