Many people have a fear of the dentist, but at Greenwood Dental Care, our general dentistry services are not only aligned with the most modern dental practices, but we offer a warm and welcoming environment for the whole family. The one thing that all our dentists share in common is a dedication to making the most out of our patients’ smiles. The smile you walk in with will be enhanced to such a degree that when you walk out, you and everyone you encounter will recognize the difference. Good oral health has a domino effect on the rest of your overall health and well-being. A beautiful smile opens many doors, and we can enhance your smile, so it realizes its full potential.
Visit Your Illinois General Dentist Every 6 Months
We offer a wide array of services in our dental offices near Lindenhurst, Illinois. Whether you are looking for general dentistry services for you, your children, or your entire family, we have you covered. A twice-yearly dental examination and cleaning will keep your teeth and oral health in good shape as long as you make the most of good oral hygiene practices at home.
- Family dentistry – By choosing the family dentistry option, your entire family will be able to stay on track with your dental hygiene needs. After a comprehensive oral exam that may include full-mouth X-rays, your dentist will assess your mouth for cavities, plaque, and tooth decay. The examination will be followed by a dental cleaning.
- Pediatric dentistry – All children should visit the dentist within six months of the appearance of their first tooth or by their first birthday at the latest. Services offered include regular checkups, fluoride application, fillings, crowns, and dental sealants. If corrective action needs to be taken, common procedures include tooth extractions and dental space maintainers.
- Dental cleanings – Dental cleanings involve the removal of plaque and tartar build-up on your teeth and dental polishing to get rid of light surface stains and to prevent plaque from returning and attaching itself to your teeth.
- Dental hygiene – It is essential to establish a dental hygiene routine using the correct brushing method, which involves holding the toothbrush vertically at a 45-degree angle and paying particular attention to the backs of the teeth. You should brush for a minimum of two minutes with a brush that has the ability to slip into the crevices of all your teeth. Flossing is as important as brushing, using an 18-inch length of floss so you can have a new section of floss available for each area of your mouth.
- Fluoride treatment – This treatment helps restore any minerals lost in your enamel. The acid produced by bacteria will cause damage to your teeth, but this can be mitigated by the use of fluoride.
Other Available Services To Consider
General dentistry is not limited to the services everyone who regularly visits a dentist is familiar with. There are other options that can make a lasting and important contribution to oral health. A few examples include:
- Filling cavities
- Tooth extractions
- Dental implants
- Cosmetic dentistry
Find a General Dentist Near Lindenhurst
Many dental services fall under the umbrella of general dentistry. It is more than teeth cleaning during a regular checkup; it involves a wide range of services that include everything from cleaning to tooth extractions to oral cancer screenings. At Greenwood Dental Care near Lindenhurst, Illinois, we provide a comprehensive dental program for the whole family. Our team is experienced and ready to take care of your oral health beyond the two recommended visits a year. We can be reached online or at 855.528.3961 for you to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.