While overall health should be your top priority for your mouth, the appeal of perfect white teeth can’t be denied. Feeling good about your smile inspires more self-confidence, which can translate into other areas of your life. Greenwood Dental Care offers cosmetic dentistry services to Gurnee, IL residents looking to boost their smiles.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry expands on the care offered by general dentists by focusing on restorative treatments. It’s about more than making your teeth as white as possible. Greenwood Dental Care dentists use state-of-the-art equipment and materials to correct issues that can make a smile less appealing, like:
- Broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Crooked smile
- Stained teeth
Undergoing cosmetic dentistry can lead to a lot of positive impacts, including:
- Improved self-esteem
- Proper chewing, leading to better nutrition
- Better dental health
You don’t have to be a celebrity to achieve the kind of smile that turns heads and provokes a positive response. Small changes can make a big difference in how you feel about your teeth. Greenwood Dental Care makes sure patients understand all aspects of what a procedure involves.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Advancements in cosmetic dentistry in Illinois and everywhere else means patients have access to an expanded array of possibilities when it comes to restoring a smile. You can achieve dramatic results from one or more of the following cosmetic dentistry services:
- Teeth Whitening — While you may achieve limited success using over-the-counter products to whiten your teeth, nothing beats the results provided by professional teeth whitening by a cosmetic dentist. One visit to a cosmetic dentist is more effective than multiple applications of products you can find in a drug store. The more powerful materials applied by your dentist lighten staining on your enamel and dentin, giving your more immediate results.
- Composite Dental Bonding — Dentists add color to the resin to match the color of your teeth. They use a laser or ultra-violet light to place the material in ways that cover gaps or hide damaged or discolored teeth. Tooth-colored resin is often used to repair decayed teeth.
- Veneers — Veneers can be a good option if you have teeth with gaps, cracks, or heavy staining. Dentists dye veneers to match your natural tooth color, then bond them over the front of your teeth. Each patient receives customized veneers that complement the shape of a patient’s mouth and the color of their natural teeth. Correctly applied veneers look no different from regular teeth and can last for years.
- Dentures — Dentures allow you to cover any spaces in your mouth because of lost teeth and supporting tissue. Dentists create partial dentures for patients with one or more of their natural teeth left and full dentures for those who have none. It takes time to create a set of dentures and model them to fit your mouth and gums correctly. You may need to go in several times for adjustments before your dentures feel comfortable.
- Dental Implants — Dental implants fill in gaps left by missing teeth and are a more stable alternative to dentures. Your cosmetic dentist inserts titanium rods into the space left by your missing tooth. The implant grows stronger as the bone bonds with the titanium, offering your new teeth more stability. Next, the dentist places a crown over the titanium rod. Once the bonding process completes, it’s difficult for anyone to see the difference between any implants and your natural teeth.
Patients Are Always the Priority
The oral health of patients is always our top concern. You won’t have to worry about pressure to undergo any procedure that might hurt you in the long run. Greenwood Dental Care educates patients, so they have enough knowledge to make informed decisions on whether to undergo any cosmetic procedure.